Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Ohh Cute"

I was having some good father son time the other night playing with some little football figures. I was explaining to him how when one guy has the ball the other one is supposed to tackle him. I then proceeded to demonstrate. He responded with "Ohh cute".
Just today, I was painting our front door and he came outside and said the same thing.
I put on some of my "cool" sneakers the other day and I guess they are more cute than cool, so my son thinks.

I realize more and more how my son is watching my every move. This. is. Scary.
Liam is right there learning from his mother and I. He watches the way I talk to my wife and the way I treat her. He watches how I communicate with family, friends, and neighbors. He watches me in the car when I drive and sees what reactions I have. He's there when a stranger drops something and I choose to help them pick it up or just walk by. I think you get where I'm going with this. He is in prime learning mode.

 Yes, this is scary but imagine all the good that can come about in all this!

If my life didn't already have a purpose it sure does now! We are raising an incredible young boy who has the ability to change the world. Is this because he has perfect parents? Absolutely not. It's actually the complete opposite. He has imperfect parents. Where the world changing ability comes is from the only perfect man that has ever walked this earth. We have the opportunity to raise this little guy and tell him all about Jesus. And what we do on a daily basis reflects that.

Being parents can be exhausting, fun, hard, exciting and a whole other slew of emotions. Rewarding is the one that sticks out most of the time for me. If you focus on some of the harder things about being a parent then you lose sight on so many of the incredible things. And this is something I have to remind myself of daily.

One of the reasons I blog is to hopefully get others to be able to relate and see that they may not be the only ones out there that aren't perfect. I fail my wife and son way more than I want to but it's part of life. You live and you learn and you ask for forgiveness and you wake up everyday trying to be the best you...the "ohh so cute you" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment